CALL OR MESSAGE US AT:
+91 63036 31576
Please WhatsApp your Prescription on the above number & We can Get it Ready for you
YOUR HEALTH IS OUR PRIORITY
Glucosamine is a substance produced by combining glucose (sugar) with glutamine (an amino acid). Glucosamine is created in the intestinal tract by cells known as goblet cells. It is found in high concentrations in the cartilage, tendon and connective tissues of the body. Glucosamine also aids detoxification of the liver and kidneys.
Always consult your Health Professional to advise you on dosages and any possible medical interactions.
Glucosamine, in the form of Glucosamine sulfate, is mainly used in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, in particular osteoarthritis. Glucosamine sulfate may improve the symptoms of osteoarthritis in the following ways:
· Glucosamine sulfate is a component of cartilage, necessary for repair of joints damaged by osteoarthritis.
· Glucosamine is able to reduce the pain and inflammation (and subsequent damage) associated with osteoarthritis.
· Glucosamine is often taken in combination with chondroitin.
Glucosamine is an important component of the musculoskeletal system and helps form the fluid that lubricates and protects the joints. Glucosamine is also an important part of structural elements of the body including blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and cartilage. Glucosamine metabolism is connected with cells responsible for growth and repair of the musculoskeletal system. Glucosamine is also an important component of chondroitin sulfate, a chain of sugar molecules that attract fluid into the cartilage for growth and repair.
Clinical trials indicate that a minimum dose of 1500mg of Glucosamine hydrochloride or Glucosamine sulphate per day is required to obtain any health benefits
· Children, pregnant women and very elderly individuals should avoid Glucosamine until further research has been done.
· Patients with diabetes should use Glucosamine carefully, as it may increase blood sugar levels.
· There is some evidence that Glucosamine may interact with blood thinning medicines such as warfarin. If you are taking any other medicines, check with your Pharmacist before taking Glucosamine